Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The National Anthem


Okay, the motivation for this is not racing related. But it does play a part in NASCAR. I just watched the national anthem performed at the first World Series game by the Back Street Boy's.
I was appalled. Why do people seem to think they have to make the anthem a pop song. Make it their own as it were. It's not yours, it's mine, it's ours. This happens at NASCAR races quite often.

I am now of the opinion that it should not be performed by someone who has a tour or new CD out, but by a military band. Or at least a standard be set. I listened to Michael MacDonald sing it once, and he did an excellent job. If he can do it why can't some of the other pop star's do it. I don't want to hear your interpretation of it, I want to hear Francis Scott Keys interpretation of it. It's our national anthem for god's sake.

Okay, I'm done. Just a pet peeve of mine.

The Geeze


I welcome your comments. Click on the
comments link below and follow the instructions.

No comments: